Snarky Stories and More:

Snarky Stories and More:

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm Taking A Roadtrip Why Again?

My uncle is a photographer. He specializes in national parks and wildlife. He's a damn good photographer, and he tends to drive all over the western and middle part of America for his pictures. Way back in the day, before my accident, I used to accompany him. We hit Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion, Bryce, The Grand Canyon and a few others. There was much hiking, camping, riding various pack animals and animal watching. After the accident, the trips stopped. It isn't like I'm really in any state to go trekking for ten miles out into the wilderness any longer, after all.

But apparently I'm going once more, into the natural splendor of Mesa Verde. I've been assured that it isn't strenuous, and we're staying in a hotel, and it will be all very relaxing and pleasant.

I was not consulted before this decision was made. Despite being a twenty-mumble year old woman, I am sometimes at the mercy of my parents. And my mother and uncle hatched this scheme on their own, while I was away visiting my sister in another town.

I'm not entirely certain how I feel about this. Yes, I'm getting out. Yes, I do enjoy this sort of thing. Yes, I generally get along well with my uncle. But I've recently found myself with a lack of anything to say to him. I'm not in the animal business anymore. And while my folks are more than happy to discuss video games, the latest atrocity on the Sci-fi network, and my costuming woes, I imagine all of that would simply confuse my dear uncle. I foresee long periods of presumably awkward silence.

Besides, this is taking away from my planning for Anime Vegas.

No comments: