Snarky Stories and More:

Snarky Stories and More:

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

And Now For Something Completely Different

Apparently, without my knowledge or any effort on my part whatsoever, I became a mother last month. This was quite a surprise to me, what with never being pregnant or coming in contact with sperm.

I never would have known if my Health Insurance hadn't just sent me my updated information, a new bill, and new insurance cards for me and my one month old son. Along with a little congratulations card.

This isn't the first time my insurance has screwed up - not by a long shot. But it's the first time the screw up has been quite so hilarious. I got the whole mess straightened out quickly - it was a minor error in ID numbers - but I'm still laughing. And I imagine I will be laughing for sometime about this. It isn't everyday I have an imaginary son, after all!

There's nothing quite like seeing 'Baby Boy My Last Name' and the little card with 'congratulations on your new baby!' on the inside. Apparently the little bugger doesn't even have a name yet. I ought to get around to doing that.

Suggestions, anyone? I was thinking Hohenheim Balthazar.

2 comments:

Trish Ess said...

LMAO.

Gotta love the system.

But the name.. hon.. really.. the name.. it's bad enough you're not going to breast feed... you've gotta give him a name that'll torture him all through school?!

When I was pregnant and thinking of names for my child, I really wanted to name it Sarah if it was a girl. And I wanted to use my mom's name for her middle name... wasn't very practical, though. Who wants to go through school with everyone singin' "Nobody does it like.. Sarah Leigh!!!"

I'm so glad he came out a David. LOL

Shannon said...

Lol--read about this at MyLot. Hope ya get it straightened out. Click my name and scroll down to see the funny stuff on my blog...well one of my blogs. --Shannon