Snarky Stories and More:

Snarky Stories and More:

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Maybe They're Just Old and Horny....

I seem to possess the uncanny ability to attract elderly women. Not only to attract them, but something about me screams 'grope me, please!'.

This is, as of now, a much documented phenomena. All instances occurred in the presence of at least one other person, an eye witness to my trials and tribulations.

It began on my first visit to Seattle, when I was immediately taken for lunch after stepping off of the plane. My friends brought me to a large Asian marketplace, enclosed, with a score of restaurants offering foreign delights! I felt as though I were in an old time marketplace - stands along either side of a great pathway full of tables where families and Asian culture geeks huddled round their food!

I don't remember what I dined on. But I do remember that while I and my soon-to-be girlfriend of the time were finishing, the rest of our group wandered off for shopping. I didn't mind. Soon-to-be-girlfriend (who I shall from this point on refer to as Blond and Brainy) and I could use some alone time, after all. But alone time was not to be had! While I sat, in no way blocking anyone's route to anywhere, an elderly woman in a red coat and bobble hat came up behind me.

"I just need to squeeze behind you, honey," she said. And placed her hands on my shoulders. I froze, as I often do when strangers touch me. I froze even as she slid her hands across my shoulders and through my hair, making a small sighing noise. I stared blankly when she winked at me and said 'thanks, sweet thing' and wandered off.

"What the hell was *that*?" Blond and Brainy exclaimed. A fluke, I thought. Just a strange fluke.

A few months later, I was living in Seattle with Blond and Brainy and a group of our friends. We were just a bunch of video game geeks and anime nerds, and it was a grand old time. My best friend - Bear - and I would wander all over the small suburb in which we lived. Bear and I both share a love of Crowley and rock opera, and so when we discovered a local theater group and put Crowley's 'The Rites of Luna' to music, we had to go. And go we did! We reveled in the lyrical workings of the Beast himself, an orgy of the senses! Erotic wording, bacchanal dancing, young maiden nymphs in gauze and oil-slicked men in nothing but leather trousers. Both Bear and I had much to look at.

And then came the end, and a sort of artistic mosh pit, the audience spilling forth onto the stage to join the actors in revelry. Now here, here was an environment where I was unafraid to display my jerky, limited movements! I danced, or as close to dancing as I could manage. And while we swayed and stomped on the little stage, I felt someone press up against me and grab my rear. I turn, and to my surprise, there is a little old lady behind me. She gives my rump another swat and saunters off, hips swaying like a feisty bar maid's.

There are other incidents, but in the sake of time I will skip to the last and most notable. This takes place two days before I left Seattle. On my last day where I could go out with our favorite housemate - Puppy, for your references, because she is indeed the human representation of a puppy - we decided to grab some sushi and do some shopping. After the sushi, I was in need of a restroom. I stopped off at the University bookstore to use theirs, and when I was finished with my business, there was an older woman, very butch, standing at the sink. She looked about sixty. She caught my eye and smiled. I smiled back.

"You're just as pretty up close as you are far away," she tells me. I blink, surprised.

"I watch you everyday from my window. You always take the same bus. You live in that big old house with the closed in porch, don't you?"

I am caught like a deer in the headlights. Has this woman just admitted to what I think she has? Yes, yes she has. Thank heavens I'm leaving! I nod, and am saved in the nick of time when Puppy pops her head into the restroom to see if I'm alright. I retell my story to her in the elevator, and she listens, wide eyed. I had a stalker of sorts! How long had this woman been watching me? Why did she watch me? Did she watch every young woman who took that bus?

Puppy and I headed home immediately, taking the long way. Just in case.

6 comments:

Elsa said...

You're a great writer and it took me nearly a half hour to say this, because I had to set up a blogger account to do it and I suppose I'm dense. Anyway, you're writing's a treat. Cheerio.

Dizzy Dee said...

LOL. The worst experience I had with an old woman was when she wanted to start a fist fight coz she liked my bf. She was a hideous 40 something year old weirdo with white fishnet stockings and a yellow dress.
She even followed us home :S

Hope they stop stalking and what not :P

Danette
http://danette.wordpress.com

Red said...

I have the same problem with younger women, wait that is not a problem is it? (Grin)
Enjoyed the post.

apositivepessimist said...

oh but...old dykes need love too.

Faye said...

Thanks everyone! I don't mind the attention, just the being-stared-at-everyday bit in the last story! And as much as I adore older dykes, just not in that way.

lecanis said...

Wow. That's pretty creepy.

I've had old women admit to watching me from their windows, but it's always followed by some kind of condemnation of a lifestyle they imagine I lead. *shakes her head*

Poor you.