Snarky Stories and More:

Snarky Stories and More:

Friday, February 16, 2007

Money Makes The World Go Round....

And that is the crux of the matter.

Clearly, my sporadicness in both my blog and other places I frequent has been noticed. I am dealing with some financial struggles. For the past week I have been trying to gather up a couple hundred dollars to help out my sister, who is in dire need of the cash. This year has hit her hard, and unlike me, she has a family and dozens of bills and a vehicle and all those things that prey on one's wallet.

This is why I advocate a more simple existence. Really, who needs the worry and fuss of all that stuff if you don't have to have it? I've been called immature and irresponsible for not wanting to bravely forge my way in the world, but come on. Do we really need to add stress related illness to my long list of medical woes? I think not. I'm nto avoiding responsibility, I'm avoiding stress. It's a preemptive measure.

My sister and I are close. despite our ten year age gap, she is my best friend. She's the only person who ever climbed out of a shuttle bus window for me - not an easy task. It's a long story, involving a Bryan Adams concert, lots of drinking, a scary migrant worker and a locked shuttle bus. We'll save it for another day.

So off I go, into the Big Bad World - or close enough - to scrape together money. And what a hassle it is! I only have so much to sell, after all. And now that I've depleted my fancy perfume oil stash and my fancy bath product stash, I'm stumped. I could sell my old autographed Star Trek photos, but really, how many people will buy autographed pictures of Wil Wheaton these days?

I maintain we go back to the old system of bartering. Along with that whole 'we take care of our sick and crippled' thing, that was a good one. ;)

One of these days, I'm going to fuck off and go be a hermit.

5 comments:

JCM said...

It took me a minute to let the new blog title sink in, then it was snorting offee all over the keyboard, love the new blog name, keep it.

Email me your paypal account number, I´ll see how much I can dig up to send you.

JCM said...

Ive sent some $ to the lady_feylene-at-yahoo.com linked in the donate button.

Faye said...

I like the new title, too. :D Glad you approve! Though I apologize to your keyboard.

Oh man, thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate it, seriously.

A Facsimile Of A Person said...

" It's a long story, involving a Bryan Adams concert, lots of drinking, a scary migrant worker and a locked shuttle bus."

Woohoo sounds like a best seller to me. I'd buy the book.

Raz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.