Snarky Stories and More:

Snarky Stories and More:

Thursday, February 8, 2007

New Month, New Look

Regular visitors may be a bit surprised. Yes, I have overhauled my blog to make it more striking. Or at least more striking in my opinion. Which is really all any of us have when it comes to judging aesthetics. But this is my blog, so my opinion hold dominion. This is not a democracy. I need one place I don't need to worry about being PC or catering the whims of the masses.

So there it is! New colors! New features! New art! New photo of me! Yes, those are my natural breasts.

The banner is art a friend of mine did for me. I love when people draw pictures of me. Maybe it's a stroke to my ego, I don't know. But I love seeing how other people choose to represent me. If I had any money whatsoever, I would commission every artist I know to draw me.

I suppose that makes me something of an attention whore. I wonder about that, sometimes. We're all so quick to scream 'ATTENTION WHORE!' at anyone who steps up for any recognition. Well, let's be honest. Everyone wants attention at some point. It's human nature. I want it, you want it, he wants it, she wants, etc ad nauseum. It's all part of being human.

I don't begrudge anyone their desire to stand up and say 'look at me!'. What I do begrudge is when someone begins dancing loudly, singing drunkenly, and vomiting on the good carpet for their attention. In life and online, that's just tacky.

And it doesn't matter to me what the lyrics of your drunken song are. Be it cries of oppression, discrimination, theft, monetary need, illness.... I don't care. If you want to be taken seriously, then conduct yourself seriously. In this high tech world of scammers and spammers, we need to be careful who we listen to. But let's be honest: we listen to everyone, at least in passing. And the loud ones with the lampshades on their heads? Oh, we remember the loud ones. And not fondly.

Nobody likes a Drama Llama.

1 comment:

Trish Ess said...

My name is Trish, and I am an Attention Whore. :)

Actually, I think everyone is.. 'specially Bloggers. LOL

And when I dance, I always dance drunkenly..

And when I sing, I always sing drunkenly... well.. more like someone's chewing on a cat's tail.. but close enough. :)

I do promise not to wear a lampshade or puke on the carpet, though.. wait.. I can't promise about the lampshade. ;)

Lovin' the new look. I didn't at first. I have difficulty reading white writing on black backgrounds.. but when I highlighted the whole thing, it turned into sorta red writing on a white background and I could read it.. then when I got home from work and came back here, I could read it a lot easier.. must be my work monitor or something. :)

Why is it when I come here, I always end up leaving my life story in your comments?! Poor you.. having to wade through my babble..

Why doesn't anyone stop me!? LOL